Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bad, Bad Bezels

I suppose I shouldn't bother, but I will say it anyway:

You forget about bezels once you start playing a game that you like. 

Yes, if you don't like the game, or you are doing something non-immersive, those bezels in the middle of your field of view are distracting.

Those of you who have never actually used Eyefinity may dispute my claim.  You will forgive me if I dispute your claim, particularly since you haven't actually used Eyefinity with a game you like (like being defined as a game that is normally immersive for you).

I am not arguing the case that bezels are a good thing to have, quite the contrary.  I am making a point that they aren't as distracting as you might think.  That being said that original SunSp*t slide deck, you know the one I frequently refer to, did portray minimal bezels, near-zero bezels if you will, as being desirable.  Try it before you critique it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment